Petri.com forums Home Forums Start Page Forums Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   Petri IT Knowledgebase Forums > Messaging Software > Exchange 2000 / 2003
Petri.com is happy to award RicklesP the title of Most Valuable Member !!!
Register Calendar Calendar Search Petri IT Knowledgebase Forums Search Todays Posts Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Notices

Problem restricting mail to Query Based distribution Groups Exchange 2003

Problem restricting mail to Query Based distribution Groups Exchange 2003

this thread has 0 replies and has been viewed 1630 times

Closed Thread

Old 23rd December 2009, 07:01
Casual
Casual

6 month star 12 month star
Default Problem restricting mail to Query Based distribution Groups Exchange 2003

I've got a problem restricting mail sent to a query based distribution list on one of my domains.

Here's the scenario:
Two AD 2003 domains : DomainA and DomainB
Not parent child but full transitive trusts. 1 Forest.
DomainA has the forest FSMO roles.
2 2003 Exchange servers on each domain in a front end/back end scenario
All exchange servers visible under one mail domain
2 DCs with GCs in each domain
Replication between domains is ok.

DomainA query based distro lists can only receive mail from DomainA users if accept mail from restrictions changed to accept mail from specific users or groups of DomainA and DomainB. DomainB users get access denied errors when sending to DomainA query based distros even tho DomainB users are expicitly set with allow permissions.

If I leave DomainA query based distro lists to only accept mail from Authenticated Users DomainA and DomainB users can send to the list ok but it's when I try to restrict further to individual groups and users that I have problems with domainB users.

DomainB query based distro lists can receive mail from DomainA and DomainB users when accept mail from restrictions changed to accept mail only from specific users or groups of DomainA and DomainB

Anyone have any ideas why these restrictions work ok one way but not the other?
Closed Thread