Petri.com forums Home Forums Start Page Forums Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   Petri IT Knowledgebase Forums > Server Operating Systems > SBS 2000 / 2003
Petri.com is happy to award RicklesP the title of Most Valuable Member !!!
Register Calendar Calendar Search Petri IT Knowledgebase Forums Search Todays Posts Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Notices

windows cannot bind to domain. (invalid credentials). group policy processing aborted

windows cannot bind to domain. (invalid credentials). group policy processing aborted

this thread has 1 replies and has been viewed 27914 times

Closed Thread

Old 29th July 2009, 18:51
It's not a coincidence

6 month star 12 month star
Default windows cannot bind to domain. (invalid credentials). group policy processing aborted

Hello,

After changing the GPO for my password policy users were forced to update passwords. One of the users connected by site to site VPN (sonicwall tz-150 to tz-190) kept getting his account locked out. His application event log is showing 1030 and 1006 events.

"windows cannot bind to domain. (invalid credentials). group policy processing aborted"

His system log is showing 40961 errors

"The Security System could not establish a secured connection with the server LDAP/Server.Domain.local. No authentication protocol was available."

Using VNC I disjoined his computer from the domain setting it to a workgroup deleted the computer account in the ADUC then rebooted and rejoined the domain. still getting the exact same problems.

Drives mapped to the primary DC don't work, drives mapped to a member server do work. Outlook is currently working as well. His logon script is not running so there must be some problem connecting to the netlogon folder.

There must be some creditials cached somewhere that I need to find and clear.

Thanks
Old 29th July 2009, 22:31
It's not a coincidence

6 month star 12 month star
Default Re: windows cannot bind to domain. (invalid credentials). group policy processing abo

I finally got to the bottom of this one. Eventid.net helped point me in the right direction.

http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?e...serenv&phase=1

The general consensus from eventid users was go to control panel/user accounts/advanced/manage passwords. There was one saved specifically for the domain controller. Removed that and rebooted everything was fixed.
Closed Thread