Petri.com forums Home Forums Start Page Forums Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   Petri IT Knowledgebase Forums > Server Operating Systems > Windows Server 2000 / 2003 / 2003 R2
Petri.com is happy to award RicklesP the title of Most Valuable Member !!!
Register Calendar Calendar Search Petri IT Knowledgebase Forums Search Todays Posts Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Notices

Backup Exec 12 making backup to disk folder access denied

Backup Exec 12 making backup to disk folder access denied

this thread has 4 replies and has been viewed 10440 times

Closed Thread

Old 24th November 2009, 21:03
Casual
Casual

6 month star 12 month star
Default Backup Exec 12 making backup to disk folder access denied

Hello everyone thanks for taking a few minutes to help me with this problem.

I am using Symantec backup exec 12 to do my backups, I have internal storage arrays on the server that BE is running on its a server 2003 SP2 domain attached member server. It also has a fiber channel dell external array.

I am able to create backup to disk folders on both the internal and the external arrays.

Problem: If I try to create a B2D folder on another server also a member server, I get an error message that says unable to create B2D folder access denied.

What I have done: on the other server I have created a shared folder, with permissions of administrator having full control, and everyone has read and change, and security settings of Administrator has full control, everyone has everything but full control. I can access this share from any other computer; I can add files, delete files, make new folders. I have checked the how-to's on Symantec site, it says set the permissions as I have done.

What I have looked at: I have increased the permissions to everyone has full control, the user account for the share is the domain level administrator, not the local administrator account.

Things that happen: when the attempt to create the B2D folder happens, it generates a failure event notice in the security log that says the administrator account is unknown or the password is incorrect, it then proceeds to lock out the domain level administrator account.

I have reset the password on the domain level administrator account, I have used BE login wizard to reset the PW for the Administrator account, I have added the domain level admin account in BE, and set its password, I set the domain level administrator account to be the default login account.

I am at a total loss where to go from here, any help would be appreciated.

Mark
Old 24th November 2009, 22:44
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
Someone to look up to

Reputation: Garen will become famous soon enoughGaren will become famous soon enough (147)
Default Re: Backup Exec 12 making backup to disk folder access denied

What account are the BE services running as?
Old 24th November 2009, 22:53
Casual
Casual

Thanks for the reply, I am not really sure, when I look at the services for BE, they show .\administrator for some and local system for others.

I dont know if .\administrator is the local computer administrator account or the domain level, when I go to the logon tab, it shows the log on with this account ticked and password filled in.

Hope that helps.
Old 25th November 2009, 10:48
Casual
Casual

Hi

Please find this LINK

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/267171.htm

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/267172.htm

where u can able to create new logon account or edit ur OLD default login account.

if your having DOMAIN & want to take the backup of the servers which in Domain means use a domain admin account & make it as default.

when you schedule backup you can change the accounts there too.
Old 25th November 2009, 16:16
Casual
Casual

Thanks for the reply, however I don't see what your links have to do with my issue.

I know how to change/modify logon accounts.

Are you saying I need to change the logon account to something else? There are currently 14 servers being backup up by BE and they all function perfectly doing backups.

Issue is creating remote backup folder on another server, for extending storage space for backups.
Closed Thread