Petri.com forums Home Forums Start Page Forums Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   Petri IT Knowledgebase Forums > Certification > Other Certifications
Petri.com is happy to award RicklesP the title of Most Valuable Member !!!
Register Calendar Calendar Search Petri IT Knowledgebase Forums Search Todays Posts Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Notices

If I take the VCP4 exam and pass, and /then/ take the class, does that count?

If I take the VCP4 exam and pass, and /then/ take the class, does that count?

this thread has 9 replies and has been viewed 3473 times

Closed Thread

Old 18th April 2010, 01:15
MVM

6 month star 12 month star
  Send a message via MSN to Nonapeptide Send a message via Yahoo to Nonapeptide Send a message via Skype™ to Nonapeptide
 Reputation: Nonapeptide has a spectacular aura aboutNonapeptide has a spectacular aura aboutNonapeptide has a spectacular aura about (246)
Default If I take the VCP4 exam and pass, and /then/ take the class, does that count?

I've been looking into getting VCP4 certified. I've got everything except the cash for the required course. I've been trying to figure out the answer to this question: If I pass the exam first, and then take the course -- does that count? Will I be awarded the certification upon class completion? Anyone done it that way?

Also, as a side question, how many VCPs (on any version) do we have in active participation here?

Thanks for your time,
Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: Nonapeptide@gmail.com || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/
Old 18th April 2010, 13:33

Reputation: Dumber is a splendid one to beholdDumber is a splendid one to beholdDumber is a splendid one to beholdDumber is a splendid one to beholdDumber is a splendid one to beholdDumber is a splendid one to beholdDumber is a splendid one to behold (849)
Default Re: If I take the VCP4 exam and pass, and /then/ take the class, does that count?

Personally I would contact VMware to ask that question.
http://mylearn.vmware.com/portals/ce...ation/faqs.cfm

I think there aren't many VCP's here yet. However I do expect this will grow in future At least +1 in the near future
http://www.phetios.com
http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
"No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
"If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Old 20th April 2010, 04:18
MVM

Send a message via MSN to Nonapeptide Send a message via Yahoo to Nonapeptide Send a message via Skype™ to Nonapeptide
 Reputation: Nonapeptide has a spectacular aura aboutNonapeptide has a spectacular aura aboutNonapeptide has a spectacular aura about (246)
Default Re: If I take the VCP4 exam and pass, and /then/ take the class, does that count?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumber View Post
Personally I would contact VMware to ask that question.
http://mylearn.vmware.com/portals/ce...ation/faqs.cfm
Yeah, I figured. I thought I'd toss it out here amongst friends first. I'll report back when I find the answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumber View Post
I think there aren't many VCP's here yet. However I do expect this will grow in future At least +1 in the near future
Yeah, let us know how it turns out.
Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: Nonapeptide@gmail.com || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
Old 20th April 2010, 22:47
MVM

I got my question answered by non other than Jon Hall himself in this webinar. You can take the class or the exam in any order that you want. Whenever both requirements are met, you get your VCP4 certification.
Old 20th April 2010, 22:53

Reputation: Dumber is a splendid one to beholdDumber is a splendid one to beholdDumber is a splendid one to beholdDumber is a splendid one to beholdDumber is a splendid one to beholdDumber is a splendid one to beholdDumber is a splendid one to behold (849)

I already thought so but wasn't sure about it... Thanks for the update
http://www.phetios.com
http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
"No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
"If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Old 21st April 2010, 17:52
Casual
Casual

From what I've been told (last week) by a vmware trainer, you cannot take the exam unless you take the class.

I've just taken the class and I will have to take the VCP4 exam next month. Taking the class gives you a 10% discount for the exam.

The company I work for paid for the course and the exam, so I'm fortunate this way :
Old 21st April 2010, 18:05
MVM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calin_ionesco View Post
From what I've been told (last week) by a vmware trainer, you cannot take the exam unless you take the class.
How do they enforce this? Does the exam registration process ask you? I might have to bring this up with Jon Hall. The plot thickens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calin_ionesco View Post
've just taken the class and I will have to take the VCP4 exam next month. Taking the class gives you a 10% discount for the exam.

The company I work for paid for the course and the exam, so I'm fortunate this way :
Great to know about the discount. Let us know how you do on it!
Old 20th May 2010, 22:27
It's not a coincidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonapeptide View Post
How do they enforce this? Does the exam registration process ask you? I might have to bring this up with Jon Hall. The plot thickens.
I can speak from experience, you most definitely can take the exam prior to attending the class. I took and passed my VCP 4 exam last week and have to wait till next month to attend the "What's New Class" to become official.

-Jason

Last edited by VWA4; 20th May 2010 at 22:31..
Old 20th May 2010, 22:29
MVM

That's great to know, Jason! Thanks for speaking up.
Old 20th May 2010, 22:31
It's not a coincidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonapeptide View Post
That's great to know, Jason! Thanks for speaking up.
No worries.. Let me know if you need/want any links for study material for the exam. I gathered up a few...

-Jason