Petri.com forums Home Forums Start Page Forums Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   Petri IT Knowledgebase Forums > Client Operating Systems > Windows 2000 Pro, XP Pro
Petri.com is happy to award RicklesP the title of Most Valuable Member !!!
Register Calendar Calendar Search Petri IT Knowledgebase Forums Search Todays Posts Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Notices

Photos deleted from external hard drive!!

Photos deleted from external hard drive!!

this thread has 4 replies and has been viewed 1542 times

Closed Thread

Old 14th December 2011, 09:45
Casual
Casual

6 month star 12 month star
Default Photos deleted from external hard drive!!

I am using windows xp system and i have an seagate external hard drive. I backup my photos, movies and some important documents in my external hard drive. Yesterday while i was making some space to store some other movies in my external hard drive i accidentally deleted some photos from it. When i realized it i searched the recycle bin to get my folder containing photos and could not find it. can i get those pictures back i need them. those were my girl friends photos. Please help.
Old 14th December 2011, 12:18

Send a message via Skype™ to tehcamel
 Reputation: tehcamel is a splendid one to beholdtehcamel is a splendid one to beholdtehcamel is a splendid one to beholdtehcamel is a splendid one to beholdtehcamel is a splendid one to beholdtehcamel is a splendid one to beholdtehcamel is a splendid one to behold (717)
Default Re: Photos deleted from external hard drive!!

you have two options.

One, is to go to a data recovery place.

The other is t get somethiong like GetDataBack, and see if it can recover your files.
THat way, you don't pay unless you can see you can recover the files you want. GDB would probably cost less than data recovery.

It all depends on how much your data is worth.

Melbourne IT Support

Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point
Old 14th December 2011, 12:24
Wrote the book

Reputation: gforceindustries is a jewel in the roughgforceindustries is a jewel in the roughgforceindustries is a jewel in the roughgforceindustries is a jewel in the rough (310)

You say that the data on the external drive is your backup, so I'd also suggest looking at where the "original" files should be to see if they're still there, or if they have also been lost.

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.
Old 5th January 2012, 05:51
Casual
Casual

Quote:
Originally Posted by ignatius View Post
I am using windows xp system and i have an seagate external hard drive. I backup my photos, movies and some important documents in my external hard drive. Yesterday while i was making some space to store some other movies in my external hard drive i accidentally deleted some photos from it. When i realized it i searched the recycle bin to get my folder containing photos and could not find it. can i get those pictures back i need them. those were my girl friends photos. Please help.
Hi, ive been using RESTORATION software to recover my deleted files which can no longer found in the recycle bin. Though, there is no assurance all deleted files can be recovered but there's a great chance to look for it using the software.

You may visit by wordpress blog--"juntariman" (please search my blog since i can't put a url here) and download the software "PC Repair System" found in the BOX of the sidebar of my blog.
Old 8th January 2012, 11:12
Administrator

Send a message via Skype™ to Ossian
 Reputation: Ossian has a brilliant futureOssian has a brilliant futureOssian has a brilliant futureOssian has a brilliant futureOssian has a brilliant futureOssian has a brilliant futureOssian has a brilliant futureOssian has a brilliant futureOssian has a brilliant futureOssian has a brilliant futureOssian has a brilliant future (1557)

For background info, the recycle bin only covers files deleted off local drives using explorer, no cmd line deletes, deletes off mapped drives etc.

As mentioned, there is a lot of 3rd party software which may help -- the key thing is not to let anything modify the drive in the meantime, so don't plug it in to any PC until you are ready to recover.
IT Trainer / Consultant
Ossian Ltd
Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **
Closed Thread