Petri.com forums Home Forums Start Page Forums Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   Petri IT Knowledgebase Forums > Messaging Software > OCS / Lync Server
Petri.com is happy to award RicklesP the title of Most Valuable Member !!!
Register Calendar Calendar Search Petri IT Knowledgebase Forums Search Todays Posts Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Notices

Lync not working after Office 365 upgrade? Some tips >>

Lync not working after Office 365 upgrade? Some tips >>

this thread has 0 replies and has been viewed 4040 times

Closed Thread

Old 16th April 2012, 17:00
Here to help

6 month star 12 month star
  Send a message via MSN to sco1984 Send a message via Yahoo to sco1984
Lightbulb Lync not working after Office 365 upgrade? Some tips >>

Hello,

Recently i.e. last to last week we got upgraded to Office365 & I went through 1 common problem for some user accounts which got resolved and I would like to post the solution here.

We have our accounts hosted at Microsoft's data center so they managing backend scenario.

Problem statement :- for some users Lync wasn't working after Office365 upgrade.

Resolution :-

-Go to your mailbox admin page. In my case I went to https://portal.microsoftonline.com

- Reset the password for user.

- Set new password by visiting https://portal.microsoftonline.com [ URL varies depending upon your home link ]

- Now uninstall "Microsoft online service sign-on assistance"

- Go again at https://portal.microsoftonline.com & click on 'Configure Lync'.

- Finish configuration of Lync.

- Now open Lync to sign in. It asks to install "Microsoft online service sign-on assistance". Downlaod the said version i.e .7.x

- Now while logging it asks for password. Put the password and you'll be able to login successfully.

FYI :- This worked on Windows XP Pro with SP3 machines. So don't worry about OS compatibility.

-Many users in my oganization faced this strange problem where Lync was working at partial upgrade but after full upgrade to Office365, Lync stopped working. Outlook started giving problem.

- Also, I suggest not to waste your bandwidth & time in pushing any windows updates. I tried that too. Doesn't help.

Regards,
Amey.