Petri.com forums Home Forums Start Page Forums Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   Petri IT Knowledgebase Forums > Server Operating Systems > SBS 2000 / 2003 / 2008 / 2011
Petri.com is happy to award RicklesP the title of Most Valuable Member !!!
Register Calendar Calendar Search Petri IT Knowledgebase Forums Search Todays Posts Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Notices

SBS BPA (Best Practices Analyser) released

SBS BPA (Best Practices Analyser) released

this thread has 9 replies and has been viewed 15346 times

Closed Thread

Old 19th October 2007, 00:25

6 month star 12 month star
  Send a message via MSN to teiger
 Reputation: teiger is a splendid one to beholdteiger is a splendid one to beholdteiger is a splendid one to beholdteiger is a splendid one to beholdteiger is a splendid one to beholdteiger is a splendid one to beholdteiger is a splendid one to behold (757)
Default SBS BPA (Best Practices Analyser) released

The Small Business Server ĎBPAí Ė Best Practices Analyzer was publicly released a couple of days ago on the Microsoft Download Center. What? You didn't know? Then you haven't been reading the SBS Blog (link below)! Shame on you!

Download Center Page: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Knowledge Base Article: http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;940439

Official SBS Post: http://blogs.technet.com/sbs/archive...-analyzer.aspx

After collecting information about server configuration, the Windows SBS Best Practices Analyzer verifies that the information is correct and then presents administrators with a list of issues sorted by severity. The list describes each issue and provides a recommendation or possible solution.

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
http://www.wintra.co.il/

Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.
Old 20th October 2007, 07:46
Administrator

Reputation: biggles77 is a splendid one to beholdbiggles77 is a splendid one to beholdbiggles77 is a splendid one to beholdbiggles77 is a splendid one to beholdbiggles77 is a splendid one to beholdbiggles77 is a splendid one to beholdbiggles77 is a splendid one to beholdbiggles77 is a splendid one to behold (953)
Default Re: SBS BPA (Best Practices Analyser) released

(Psssst, What is an SBS Blog???? )
"There I stood at the bar, wearing a Mae West, no jacket, and beginning to leak blood from my torn boot. None of the golfers took any notice of me - after all, I wasn't a member!" Kenneth Lee - after being shot down during the Battle of Britain on the 18th August 1940.

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **
Old 20th October 2007, 14:30
Someone to look up to

Reputation: PaulH has a spectacular aura aboutPaulH has a spectacular aura aboutPaulH has a spectacular aura about (209)

What a great tool - thanks for telling us. I ran it on my Virtual SBS installation and it came up with some things that I needed to attend to. Useful stuff!
Old 7th May 2008, 01:53

Reputation: teiger is a splendid one to beholdteiger is a splendid one to beholdteiger is a splendid one to beholdteiger is a splendid one to beholdteiger is a splendid one to beholdteiger is a splendid one to beholdteiger is a splendid one to behold (757)

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggles77 View Post
(Psssst, What is an SBS Blog???? )
Its a blog!
It just happens to be the blog where the folks from PSS/CSS (Product Support Services/Customer Support Services) happen to write their stuff.

Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

Old 7th May 2008, 01:54

BTW the BPA has been updated. Sort of an SP1!!

Old 8th May 2008, 14:40
Administrator

Reputation: biggles77 is a splendid one to beholdbiggles77 is a splendid one to beholdbiggles77 is a splendid one to beholdbiggles77 is a splendid one to beholdbiggles77 is a splendid one to beholdbiggles77 is a splendid one to beholdbiggles77 is a splendid one to beholdbiggles77 is a splendid one to behold (953)

Ah ha, SBS Blog SP1.
"There I stood at the bar, wearing a Mae West, no jacket, and beginning to leak blood from my torn boot. None of the golfers took any notice of me - after all, I wasn't a member!" Kenneth Lee - after being shot down during the Battle of Britain on the 18th August 1940.

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **
Old 9th May 2008, 15:38

No it's BPA SP1 - you tw*t!

Old 3rd June 2008, 23:07
Casual
Casual

Question Re: SBS BPA (Best Practices Analyser) released

I have just discovered this forum and in 5 minutes I have learned a lot. Downloaded the SBS BPA and ran a scan on my newly installed SBS 2003. The reports indicates that Windows SBS 2003 Service Pack 1 is not installed. Under system property, this server is SBS 2003 Service Pack 2. It does not make too much sense for me to download and install Service Pack 1 over Service Pack 2.
Any advice?
Old 4th June 2008, 01:58

Are you perhaps confusing your Windows service packs with the various SBS service packs?

Old 4th June 2008, 22:50
Casual
Casual

Smile Re: SBS BPA (Best Practices Analyser) released

Yes, I was confused. Thank you - Tieger!
Closed Thread