Petri.com forums Home Forums Start Page Forums Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   Petri IT Knowledgebase Forums > Microsoft Networking Services > Terminal Services
Petri.com is happy to award RicklesP the title of Most Valuable Member !!!
Register Calendar Calendar Search Petri IT Knowledgebase Forums Search Todays Posts Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Notices

Citrix XenApp 4.5  Web Interface through static nat on firewall

Citrix XenApp 4.5 Web Interface through static nat on firewall

this thread has 3 replies and has been viewed 12929 times

Closed Thread

Old 18th February 2009, 18:22
Staying around

6 month star 12 month star
Default Citrix XenApp 4.5 Web Interface through static nat on firewall

I am standing up a new 4.5 Enterprise farm and have everything working ok with the ica connections. Everyone can log in and get a desktop.

I have published the desktop as an application and am trying to get that to work.

I can reach the website with no problem and can see the published apps. I have set the altaddr ip address on the server to the external IP

If I set the secure client access to "translated" and put in the internal and external IP addresses (on port 80) it gets to "Connection in progress.." and hangs and I get no presentation server at that address

If I set the secure client access to "direct", it gets to "Connection in progress.." and hangs and I get no presentation server at that address

If I set the secure client access to "Alternate", I double click on the app and nothing happens. In the message center, it says "The resource you requested is no longer available from the servers or the specified user no longer has access to it. No Citrix popup or anything. If I click on it rapidly 15 or 20 times it will sometimes pop up the Citrix connection window and WORK! It will work sporadically if click on the app multiple times.

Marc

Last edited by tnshurtm; 18th February 2009 at 18:24..
Old 19th February 2009, 00:20
Staying around

Default Re: Citrix XenApp 4.5 Web Interface through static nat on firewall

also noticed, while in "alternate" mode, the Citrix server logs the "alternate address cannot be found" I have tried using port 80 (that is what I started with) and changing it to port 8080 as well.

Marc
Old 19th February 2009, 01:17
Staying around

ERRRRR!!!!!

What was causing all of this was that I was load balancing the apps across three servers and have not yet assigned external (altaddr) ips to two of the other servers. If I just have the app on the one server w/ altaddr assigned, it works flawlessly.

Problem solved.

Marc
Old 19th February 2009, 01:21
MVP
MVP

Send a message via MSN to yuval14
 Reputation: yuval14 is a glorious beacon of lightyuval14 is a glorious beacon of lightyuval14 is a glorious beacon of lightyuval14 is a glorious beacon of lightyuval14 is a glorious beacon of lightyuval14 is a glorious beacon of light (506)

Please use the following guide:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/837739

btw.. why not to use Citrix gateway appliance/software?

Yuval Sinay

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/yuval14, Blog: http://blogs.microsoft.co.il/blogs/yuval14
Closed Thread