Petri.com forums Home Forums Start Page Forums Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   Petri IT Knowledgebase Forums > Messaging Software > Outlook
Petri.com is happy to award RicklesP the title of Most Valuable Member !!!
Register Calendar Calendar Search Petri IT Knowledgebase Forums Search Todays Posts Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Notices

remove reply to all in context menu (popup menu) on ms outlook and outlook express

remove reply to all in context menu (popup menu) on ms outlook and outlook express

this thread has 10 replies and has been viewed 4345 times

Closed Thread

Old 13th May 2009, 05:54
Casual
Casual

6 month star 12 month star
Default remove reply to all in context menu (popup menu) on ms outlook and outlook express

Hi,
i need to remove reply to all on context menu/popup menu (the one that apperars when you do right click on an inbox's message on both ms outlook and outlook express)
i have searched solutions from google but did not find one that applies on both ms outlook and outlook express
i have tried to use macro on ms outlook but can't do that on outlook express, but it doesn't work anyway
i have tried using outlook policy on gpo, but it only effect on ms outlook
can you suggest solutions for my problem?
thanks in advance
Old 15th May 2009, 22:11
Administrator

Reputation: biggles77 is a splendid one to beholdbiggles77 is a splendid one to beholdbiggles77 is a splendid one to beholdbiggles77 is a splendid one to beholdbiggles77 is a splendid one to beholdbiggles77 is a splendid one to beholdbiggles77 is a splendid one to beholdbiggles77 is a splendid one to behold (901)
Default Re: remove reply to all in context menu (popup menu) on ms outlook and outlook expres

You can disable the right click option but it applies right across the operating system. Would this cause a problem?
"There I stood at the bar, wearing a Mae West, no jacket, and beginning to leak blood from my torn boot. None of the golfers took any notice of me - after all, I wasn't a member!" Kenneth Lee - after being shot down during the Battle of Britain on the 18th August 1940.

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **
Old 16th May 2009, 07:42

Reputation: joeqwerty is a splendid one to beholdjoeqwerty is a splendid one to beholdjoeqwerty is a splendid one to beholdjoeqwerty is a splendid one to beholdjoeqwerty is a splendid one to beholdjoeqwerty is a splendid one to behold (678)
Default Re: remove reply to all in context menu (popup menu) on ms outlook and outlook expres

Note that disabling explorer's context menu (right click) only affects the shell (desktop, windows explorer, taskbar, start menu, etc.). It does not affect applications like Outlook, Word, etc. You may be able to restrict the Reply to All context menu option if there's a corresponding Command Bar ID for that function. I don't have any idea if there is or what it is so you'll have to Google for it. You're probably out of luck with Outlook Express unless you can create your own ADM template to control it's behavior.
Old 16th May 2009, 18:58
Administrator

Reputation: biggles77 is a splendid one to beholdbiggles77 is a splendid one to beholdbiggles77 is a splendid one to beholdbiggles77 is a splendid one to beholdbiggles77 is a splendid one to beholdbiggles77 is a splendid one to beholdbiggles77 is a splendid one to beholdbiggles77 is a splendid one to behold (901)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeqwerty View Post
Note that disabling explorer's context menu (right click) only affects the shell (desktop, windows explorer, taskbar, start menu, etc.). It does not affect applications like Outlook, Word, etc.
You sure Joe? I have gone to sites where right click has been disabled on EVERYTHING. 'Tis a pain in the bum. Was only there a couple of times and had no need to investigate so assumed it was a GPO. If what you say is correct then they may have had a third party tool of a customised ADM.

Apologies to dadidudedo for the diversion.
"There I stood at the bar, wearing a Mae West, no jacket, and beginning to leak blood from my torn boot. None of the golfers took any notice of me - after all, I wasn't a member!" Kenneth Lee - after being shot down during the Battle of Britain on the 18th August 1940.

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **
Old 16th May 2009, 19:08

Reputation: joeqwerty is a splendid one to beholdjoeqwerty is a splendid one to beholdjoeqwerty is a splendid one to beholdjoeqwerty is a splendid one to beholdjoeqwerty is a splendid one to beholdjoeqwerty is a splendid one to behold (678)

AFAIK, yes. We disable explorer's context menu in our ASP TS environment and it locks down the shell but not Office apps. I've never found a setting that locks down the apps (which doesn't mean it doesn't exist, only that I haven't found it).
Old 18th May 2009, 07:42
Casual
Casual

Quote:
AFAIK, yes. We disable explorer's context menu in our ASP TS environment and it locks down the shell but not Office apps. I've never found a setting that locks down the apps (which doesn't mean it doesn't exist, only that I haven't found it).
Thanks Joe and Biggles for your response
i have found a setting that disable context menu on internet explorer in gpo
but it doesn't have effect on outlook express
i have searched google for the solutions, but no luck
what i found in google is solutions for ms outlook but noone has mention solution for outlook express
i started to think that this is impossible to disable context menu on outlook express...
Old 19th May 2009, 13:28
Casual
Casual

hi,
searching for hundreds time in google,
today i found information that IEAK (internet explorer administration kit) can customize outlook express
not sure, but i will try
have anyone ever used this IEAK thing?
Old 19th May 2009, 15:19

The IEAK can customize OE and IE but AFAIK it can't disable the right click menu. I think you're out of luck with OE.
Old 19th May 2009, 22:53
Wrote the book

Reputation: AndyJG247 is a jewel in the roughAndyJG247 is a jewel in the roughAndyJG247 is a jewel in the roughAndyJG247 is a jewel in the rough (349)

We have disabled it in Outlook but I think Ctrl-R still works and OWA too. It may be one of those things that takes so much time to sort out it isn't worth it.
In regards to OE, why do you have users using it? (out of interest really)

Please read this before you post:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Old 22nd May 2009, 09:41
Casual
Casual

Quote:
The IEAK can customize OE and IE but AFAIK it can't disable the right click menu. I think you're out of luck with OE.
you right joe, i have tried IEAK and no setting to disable right click
now, i desperate to search solution
seems that i have to tell my boss that it's impossible to disable "reply to all" in context menu of outlook express...
anymore solutions guys?
Closed Thread