Petri.com forums Home Forums Start Page Forums Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   Petri IT Knowledgebase Forums > Virtualization > Other Virtualization Products and Issues
Petri.com is happy to award RicklesP the title of Most Valuable Member !!!
Register Calendar Calendar Search Petri IT Knowledgebase Forums Search Todays Posts Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Notices

Citrix XenServer

Citrix XenServer

this thread has 6 replies and has been viewed 4917 times

Closed Thread

Old 23rd February 2010, 22:21
Casual
It's not a coincidence

6 month star 12 month star
Default Citrix XenServer

I am looking for training material on Citrix XenServer something that will dumb things down and make it really simple to understand and have a step by step guide on how to run each command with scenarios. The books I have been reading about Xen don’t directly transfer to XenServer. The book I am currently reading “Running Xen” deals just with Xen the free version that comes on just about every release of Linux. I am looking for something that is written for XenServer.
Old 24th February 2010, 01:11

Reputation: L4ndy is a glorious beacon of lightL4ndy is a glorious beacon of lightL4ndy is a glorious beacon of lightL4ndy is a glorious beacon of lightL4ndy is a glorious beacon of lightL4ndy is a glorious beacon of light (541)
Default Re: Citrix XenServer

What version?
See if these help:
http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX118447 from here: http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&q=xen...3fa2ac306dd28e

http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX121751

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR
Old 24th February 2010, 02:48
Casual
It's not a coincidence

I am looking for something that will walk me through step by step on how to convert an HVM to a PV and then a PV to an HVM. I would like a guide to explain how to use the advanced features as well as to the why would use that feature and why. I have found several books about Xen and how to use the commands in it but I havent found anything that explains the commands in XenServer. Xen and Xenserver are very much alike the commands are very diffent.
Old 24th February 2010, 03:29
Casual
It's not a coincidence

Another thing is how to create a shell vm then cp the content of a .img file to the vdi after I upgrade the kernal and for it to boot. its a way to use preconfigured images and create vm's from them
Old 24th February 2010, 13:29
Casual
Casual

Actually, documentation is the weak part of Citrix XenServer.
Recently I discovered many parts (like snapshots) that are not quite well documented in their tech papers.
Old 24th February 2010, 16:59
Casual
It's not a coincidence

I am wanting to take the CCA test for XenServer 5.0 but it just seems impossible to find any training material at all. They do have free training on there website but its more for a sales person the training tells you what you can do with Xenserver but it doesnt tell you how to do much of anything.
The documentation is very good at explaining what the commands are anf the syntax but it doesnt explain the steps you need to take to complete a task.
Old 25th February 2010, 07:55

Reputation: wullieb1 is a splendid one to beholdwullieb1 is a splendid one to beholdwullieb1 is a splendid one to beholdwullieb1 is a splendid one to beholdwullieb1 is a splendid one to beholdwullieb1 is a splendid one to beholdwullieb1 is a splendid one to behold (835)

Moved to Misc forum as this one is fro VMware only.
Closed Thread