Petri.com forums Home Forums Start Page Forums Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   Petri IT Knowledgebase Forums > Messaging Software > Exchange 2007 / 2010 / 2013
Petri.com is happy to award RicklesP the title of Most Valuable Member !!!
Register Calendar Calendar Search Petri IT Knowledgebase Forums Search Todays Posts Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Notices

MSExchange EdgeSync Event ID 1024 & 1036

MSExchange EdgeSync Event ID 1024 & 1036

this thread has 3 replies and has been viewed 8878 times

Closed Thread

Old 13th March 2010, 00:38
Casual
Casual

6 month star 12 month star
Default MSExchange EdgeSync Event ID 1024 & 1036

Hello,

I have a Edge server and a Hub Transport server. They are both at Exchange 2007 SP1 Update Rollup 8. I noticed the following errors in the Application Event Log.

Code:
MSExchange EdgeSync Event ID 1024

The connection to the ADAM instance of the Edge Transport server failed with exception "The supplied credential is invalid.". This could be caused by a failure to resolve the Edge Transport server name MAILFE.whatever.org in DNS, a failure when trying to connect to port 50636 on Edge Transport server MAILBE.whatever.org, network connectivity issues, an invalid certificate, or an expired subscription. Verify the configurations of your network and server.
For the above error, I have verified that both machines can resolve the hostname by pinging each server from the Edge and Hub Transport servers. I then used telnet from MAILBE(Hub Transport) to connect to MAILFE(Edge) on port 50636. I believe I have verified those issues above to not to be the source of my problem.

Code:
MSExchange EdgeSync Event ID 1036

Microsoft Exchange couldn't connect to MAILFE.whatever.org by using credentials cn=ESRA.MAILFE.MAILBE.0,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,CN={4220C405-19DC-4A70-9F12-9FDB4B14E0DF}. The password hash is ix8laqEcihfnsfhUaXGHp68nzULRI5Y0OK4zN5lVnuQ=. An expired replication account is the cause. Resubscribe the Edge Transport server by running the New-EdgeSubscription command on both Edge Transport server MAILFE.whatever.org and this server again. You do not have to run the Remove-EdgeSubscription command.
My question is, in Event ID 1036 it specifies "Resubscribe the Edge Transport server by running the New-EdgeSubscription command on both Edge Transport server MAILFE.whatever.org and this server again. You do not have to run the Remove-EdgeSubscription command.". Will resubscribing the Hub Transport overwrite any settings on either of the servers? I also am confused as to why the subscription expired.

Also, I realize Exchange 2007 is at SP 2 Rollup 2. Should I update my Edge and Hub Transport before I attempt to resubscribing my Hub Transport?

Thanks for any insight on this issue anyone can provide for me.

-John
Old 14th March 2010, 18:03
MVP
MVP

Reputation: Sembee has much to be proud ofSembee has much to be proud ofSembee has much to be proud ofSembee has much to be proud ofSembee has much to be proud ofSembee has much to be proud ofSembee has much to be proud ofSembee has much to be proud ofSembee has much to be proud of (1127)
Default Re: MSExchange EdgeSync Event ID 1024 & 1036

You should ensure that all servers are on the same version ideally. CAS/Hub servers should be done first, followed by Edge, then finally mailbox. At all times, the CAS server role should be the highest version to ensure that everything works correctly.

Re-subscribing the Edge server will mean the Edge server will get he settings from the Hub transport server that it needs, overwriting what is already on the Edge server. That is how it is designed. If the subscription was working correctly then changes would have been made on the Edge server anyway.

Send Connectors will also be adjusted to allow the Edge servers to be used.

Simon.

Blog: http://blog.sembee.co.uk/
More Exchange Content: http://exchange.sembee.info/
Exchange Resources List: http://exbpa.com/
In the UK? Hire me: http://www.sembee.co.uk/

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.
Old 16th March 2010, 00:16
Casual
Casual

Ok, I ran New-EdgeSubscription on the Edge server, exported to EdgeSub.xml. I then copied that file to my Hub Transport and ran New-EdgeSubscription -filename "C:\EdgeSub.xml" and it comes back with the following error.

New-EdgeSubscription : When running this task inside the organization, the site parameter is required.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sembee View Post
You should ensure that all servers are on the same version ideally. CAS/Hub servers should be done first, followed by Edge, then finally mailbox. At all times, the CAS server role should be the highest version to ensure that everything works correctly.

Re-subscribing the Edge server will mean the Edge server will get he settings from the Hub transport server that it needs, overwriting what is already on the Edge server. That is how it is designed. If the subscription was working correctly then changes would have been made on the Edge server anyway.

Send Connectors will also be adjusted to allow the Edge servers to be used.

Simon.
Old 16th March 2010, 16:33
Casual
Casual

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftleg View Post
New-EdgeSubscription : When running this task inside the organization, the site parameter is required.
Is the value for the site parameter the value of Name when you run get-organizationconfig?
Closed Thread