Petri.com forums Home Forums Start Page Forums Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   Petri IT Knowledgebase Forums > Microsoft Networking Services > Active Directory
Petri.com is happy to award RicklesP the title of Most Valuable Member !!!
Register Calendar Calendar Search Petri IT Knowledgebase Forums Search Todays Posts Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Notices

Active Directory Show Open Sessions

Active Directory Show Open Sessions

this thread has 1 replies and has been viewed 25755 times

Closed Thread

Old 18th November 2005, 03:16
Casual
Casual

6 month star 12 month star
Default Active Directory Show Open Sessions

Hello all,

This is a great site with many fine tips. The most recent I found useful where the Right-Click Active Directory Add-ons. Unlock Users, and Show Additional Info.

I also saw the right-click Remote Control computer objects in Active Directory and found that to be an great addition. While searching around for that add-on I came across this older guide which explains how to install the remote control add-on.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/com...in/pw0202.mspx

Now the more intriguing part of this guide was the screen shot.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/ima...020202_BIG.gif

In that picture you'll notice the user is right-clicking a computer and one of the options is "Show Open Sessions". Now I assume this means any user logged into that computer. Or possibly more like local session browser you find when you "manage" "my computer " and can view active sessions?

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone has this setup and if they do could they please reply and let me know how this is done?

Thanks.

PS. I should mention I tried installing the rcontrol.exe they offer on their website but it did not give the "Show Sessions" option.
Old 18th November 2005, 11:53
It's not a coincidence

6 month star 12 month star
  Send a message via MSN to ghemant Send a message via Yahoo to ghemant
 Reputation: ghemant has a little shameless behaviour in the past (-1)
Default Re: Active Directory Show Open Sessions

Hi,

Quote:
In that picture you'll notice the user is right-clicking a computer and one of the options is "Show Open Sessions". Now I assume this means any user logged into that computer. Or possibly more like local session browser you find when you "manage" "my computer " and can view active sessions?
yeah its the same you are assuming its about Active Sessions by Users

Regards
Closed Thread