Petri.com forums Home Forums Start Page Forums Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   Petri IT Knowledgebase Forums > Messaging Software > Exchange 2007 / 2010 / 2013
Petri.com is happy to award RicklesP the title of Most Valuable Member !!!
Register Calendar Calendar Search Petri IT Knowledgebase Forums Search Todays Posts Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Notices

Exchange 2007 email address policy

Exchange 2007 email address policy

this thread has 1 replies and has been viewed 943 times

Closed Thread

Old 8th March 2012, 19:18
Casual
Casual

6 month star 12 month star
Default Exchange 2007 email address policy

We have a default email address policy that adds firstname.lastname@company.com and lastname@company.com, this applies to all objects.

Now we have another domain that we'd like to add to the policy, but we don't want it to push out to all objects, only users with mailboxes created. I tried creating a new email policy and I can select only users will mailboxes created, however, when I add the following email addresses to the policy:

firstname.lastname@company2.com
lastname@company2.com

It demands to have one as default reply-to address, I don't want @company2.com as default reply-to address, I just want these new addresses append to each mailbox user.

I was thinking if I should just have all entries defined in this new policy such as:

firstname.lastname@company.com <- set this as default reply to address
lastname@company.com
firstname.lastname@company2.com
lastname@company2.com

How will the 2 polices get triggered and will they be overwriting each other? What's the best way to accomplish this?

Much appreciate your help.
Old 9th March 2012, 18:10
MVP
MVP

6 month star 12 month star
 Reputation: Sembee has much to be proud ofSembee has much to be proud ofSembee has much to be proud ofSembee has much to be proud ofSembee has much to be proud ofSembee has much to be proud ofSembee has much to be proud ofSembee has much to be proud ofSembee has much to be proud of (1137)
Default Re: Exchange 2007 email address policy

You have two options.

1. Adjust the email address policy you currently have, so that it includes all of the email addresses that the user should have.
2. Adjust the priority of the email address policies so that the one you want to be the default address is the highest. So you will still need to set a default address, but it will get overwritten by the higher priority policy.

Simon.

Blog: http://blog.sembee.co.uk/
More Exchange Content: http://exchange.sembee.info/
Exchange Resources List: http://exbpa.com/
In the UK? Hire me: http://www.sembee.co.uk/

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.
Closed Thread