Petri.com forums Home Forums Start Page Forums Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   Petri IT Knowledgebase Forums > Server Operating Systems > Windows Server 2008 / 2008 R2
Petri.com is happy to award RicklesP the title of Most Valuable Member !!!
Register Calendar Calendar Search Petri IT Knowledgebase Forums Search Todays Posts Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Notices

Terminal Server Client Drive mapping not working

Terminal Server Client Drive mapping not working

this thread has 4 replies and has been viewed 5324 times

Closed Thread

Old 7th June 2012, 12:10
Casual
Casual

6 month star 12 month star
Default Terminal Server Client Drive mapping not working

Using Windows 2008 I can see that on the RDP configuration that Drive mapping is 'not' disabled , hence it should be allowed.

I test this and ensure I have 'Drives' checked so that they should redirect to another drive, but they don't!

Has anyone had a similar issue out there??
Old 7th June 2012, 14:06

Reputation: Virtual is a jewel in the roughVirtual is a jewel in the roughVirtual is a jewel in the rough (286)
Default Re: Terminal Server Client Drive mapping not working

Have you reviewed Group Policy?
Old 7th June 2012, 15:45

Reputation: joeqwerty is a splendid one to beholdjoeqwerty is a splendid one to beholdjoeqwerty is a splendid one to beholdjoeqwerty is a splendid one to beholdjoeqwerty is a splendid one to beholdjoeqwerty is a splendid one to behold (678)

There are 4 places to check to make sure that setting is enabled:

1. On the RDP client

2. On the user account properties

3. On the RDP protocol on the server

4. Group Policy
Old 7th June 2012, 16:02
Casual
Casual

Thanks for the repsonses

I've checked in all those places and still it doesn't redirect the client drive. I've ruled out Group policy by Blocking any inheritance on the server and account.

I'm thinking it's something on the OS that is missing possibly registry. I am testing this from 2008 server to 2008 server (works on another environment I support).
Old 7th June 2012, 19:07
Administrator

Reputation: biggles77 is a splendid one to beholdbiggles77 is a splendid one to beholdbiggles77 is a splendid one to beholdbiggles77 is a splendid one to beholdbiggles77 is a splendid one to beholdbiggles77 is a splendid one to beholdbiggles77 is a splendid one to beholdbiggles77 is a splendid one to behold (901)

Have you tried unchecking the option, running an RDP session, close session and then check the option when you start a new session?
"There I stood at the bar, wearing a Mae West, no jacket, and beginning to leak blood from my torn boot. None of the golfers took any notice of me - after all, I wasn't a member!" Kenneth Lee - after being shot down during the Battle of Britain on the 18th August 1940.

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **
Closed Thread