Petri.co.il forums Home Forums Start Page Forums Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   Petri IT Knowledgebase Forums > Server Operating Systems > Windows Server 2000 / 2003 / 2003 R2
Petri.co.il is happy to award RicklesP the title of Most Valuable Member !!!
Register Calendar Calendar Search Petri IT Knowledgebase Forums Search Todays Posts Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Notices

.NET Framework Version 1.1.4322 - how to uninstall , how to install , without uninsta

.NET Framework Version 1.1.4322 - how to uninstall , how to install , without uninsta

this thread has 3 replies and has been viewed 26522 times

Closed Thread

Old 22nd August 2006, 18:10
Casual
Casual

6 month star 12 month star
Default .NET Framework Version 1.1.4322 - how to uninstall , how to install , without uninsta

The full subject is :

.NET Framework Version 1.1.4322 - how to uninstall , how to install , without uninstalling SP1 of windows 2003 server

Hello to all members ,

I have a problem with .NET Framework Version 1.1.4322 on my server.

The problem is about the registry file , there are missing keys and permission issue.

I would like to uninstall .NET Framework Version 1.1.4322

and I search for Micrsoft way for uninstalling it without doing any trick.

first I though , how that framework become to the server ? and I have found that it was installed together with the SP1 of windows 2003 server.

I don't want to uninstall the SP1.

all I want is to unistall the .NET Framework Version 1.1.4322 without the need of unistalling the SP1 and without any trick (I want to do it in Microsoft way)

why I request to do it in Microsoft way ? because I think that Microsoft forget the uninstall process of that Framework and this is kind of BUG in Microsoft product.

I tried to do anything but didn't find any way to resolve the mystery .

also , I have download Microsoft .NET Framework Version 1.1 Redistributable Package

from the following link:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

and found another mystery , if you will read the section which called Supported Operating Systems , you will see the following :

Windows 2000; Windows 98; Windows 98 Second Edition; Windows ME; Windows NT; Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 for Itanium-based Systems; Windows Server 2003 x64 editions; Windows XP; Windows XP Professional x64 Edition

The question is , where is Windows Server 2003 x86 edition (32 bit) ?

I still search any way for uninstalling the .NET Framework Version 1.1.4322 without uninstalling all the SP1 of windows 2003 server.

thanking you in advance.
Old 23rd August 2006, 15:56

Reputation: wullieb1 is a splendid one to beholdwullieb1 is a splendid one to beholdwullieb1 is a splendid one to beholdwullieb1 is a splendid one to beholdwullieb1 is a splendid one to beholdwullieb1 is a splendid one to beholdwullieb1 is a splendid one to behold (779)
Default Re: .NET Framework Version 1.1.4322 - how to uninstall , how to install , without uninsta

You can uninstall the framework by using Add/Remove Programs
Old 24th August 2006, 07:09
Casual
Casual

Default Re: .NET Framework Version 1.1.4322 - how to uninstall , how to install , without uninsta

Delete the folder Microsoft.Net in Windows.
Old 24th August 2006, 11:08
Administrator

Send a message via Skype™ to Ossian
 Reputation: Ossian has a brilliant futureOssian has a brilliant futureOssian has a brilliant futureOssian has a brilliant futureOssian has a brilliant futureOssian has a brilliant futureOssian has a brilliant futureOssian has a brilliant futureOssian has a brilliant futureOssian has a brilliant futureOssian has a brilliant future (1520)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahyaqazi
Delete the folder Microsoft.Net in Windows.
Not wise, IMHO
Deleting a program folder without uninstalling leaves the registry in a mess, leaves orphan DLLs elsewhere on the system and means that Windows will try to use the program and get very upset when it cant.

Why not download .net framework 1.1 and reinstall. This should update any registry settings and restore the configuration to working order

Tom
IT Trainer / Consultant
Ossian Ltd
Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **
Closed Thread